REGULATIONS & CRITERIA FOR ADMISSIONS TO UNDER GRADUATE, POST GRADUATE
Under Graduate Degree Course:
- The duration of the course leading to the degree of BVA – Painting, Applied Art, Sculpture, Printmaking and Art history shall be Four Years – totally Eight semesters, of which two semester will be foundation course.
Admission to Foundation:
i) A candidate who has passed ONE of the following examinations shall be eligible to join the BVA- I SEMESTER course:
a) Candidates who have passed PUC, 10+2 JOC or Vocational Diploma in commercial art or any visual art course. (An overall total of 12 years of schooling through formal or open school system)
b) A candidate who has passed the two year foundation course in visual arts, leading to degree from any recognized institution/s in India and abroad considered equivalent to 10+2 on condition that our parent University.
i] In case a student who has completed two years of foundation, after PUC or + 2 in other universities seeks admission, shall be considered to the specialization. Admission to specialization shall be considered only on availability of the seats in required department and after fulfilling all conditions and criteria set by the admission committee. .
ii) In addition to the condition laid down in (a), (b) & (c) as above the candidate must pass an entrance test or tests, written and/or practical and/or oral as may be prescribed by the CFA administration from time to time.
iii) Apart from the practical subjects, Foundation course student required to qualify in the Language Subjects prescribed by the University. The student shall take the Language subjects studied in PUC or +2. English and Kannada or Hindi or any additional English shall be studied.
Guidelines for NON-KARNATAKA, FOREIGN STUDENTS INCLUDING NRI:
- He / She should be eligible for the course for which admissions are sought both academically and administratively and all admissions are provisional and are subject to the final approval by the competent authorities.
- These students have to arrange for producing the Transfer Certificate / Migration Certificate from their previous institution and any other documents required by the University for Approval of their admission.
- Foreign students seeking admissions to the various courses in the college should hold a valid passport and visa during the period of studentship and their stay in the college.
- Foreign Students admissions are also subject to final clearance from the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India and ICCR. He/She must be eligible both academically and administratively to the course for which the admission is sought.
- The Principal and Admission Committee of the College is the final authority for all admissions and disciplinary behavior in regard to the students of the College.
Please Note: *Enclose Rs. 500/- DD drawn in favour of “Karnataka Chitrakala Parishath, Bangalore”